To enable ads on your videos, follow the steps below.
To monetize during the upload process
You can set your monetization options while your video is still uploading in YouTube. You can set many of these options automatically.
- Click on the Monetization tab in YouTube
- Make sure the Usage Policy it set to Monetize in all countries.
- Choose your ad formats you want to enable.
To Monetize existing videos
- On your Video Manager, click the Edit button for the video you want to monetize.
- Follow the same steps as above.
Which ad formats should I choose?
Overlay ads: These are 'banners' that pop up at the bottom of your video, usually around the 15-second mark.
Skippable video ads: Skippable video ads allow viewers to skip ads after 5 seconds, if they choose. Inserted before, during, or after the main video.
Non-skippable video ads: These are 15 to 20 second ads that run before your video begins,
Long non-skippable ads: Similar to the previous format, these ads can be up to 30 seconds in length.